Have I mentioned that I've been marathon training while watching old episodes of The Biggest Loser? This is because that show makes ME feel like a slacker. Good Lord! Every time I feel like quitting, I look at what bad shape those contestants are in when they start, and this motivates me.
Anyhow, since I have been watching alot of episodes in a row while running, I have observed the following themes:
1. Someone always says "this is the biggest season ever. This season we have the biggest/ the sickest contestants ever, ever, EVER." Seriously.
2. Someone is going to the hospital on the first episode, even if one of the producers has to punch someone in the face. Apparently they need that footage for the rest of the season!
3. This weigh in is nerve wracking. Even more so than all the others.
4. Those who play the game gain the weight back. I'm talking to you, Helen.
5. Do we feel like the trainers get more smug every season? They have gone from military-style coaches to S & M dominants. It's like they're trying to fit all the workouts those people have missed in their lives into the two months they're on campus. Oh and also, they love screaming.
6. In "Couples" seasons, if you are a parent and you don't volunteer to keep your kid there, you are a bad person. Looking at you again, Helen.
7. I am in really good shape, and I'm pretty sure I would drop dead during one of those last chance workouts. Dude! Are the trainers punishing those people for being fat? That's what it seems like.
8. Aren't you so curious as to whether one of the contestants has ever snapped and assaulted one of the trainers?
9. The kids are almost always more overweight than the parents. Don't know why I'm pointing out this totally obvious fact, but after all these seasons, I'm still surprised when people who say they're fans of the show can see this pattern and not do anything to change it.
10. I believe that they will do first workout until someone pukes. Just get it over with already!
11. If you win the temptation challenge by eating, the trainers are going to yell at you, and the reason for this is because, #4, if you play the game, you will get fat again.
12. Does Dr. H get meaner every season, or is it just me? He's so "tough love" now, like "you are fat and you are going to die!!!!".