I saw this story go by on Facebook (my news source) the other day: apparently Snoop Dogg was detained at the airport because he was carrying $422,000 in American cash. I have just, so many questions about the logistics of this situation. Let’s talk about them now.
1. Where, exactly, did Snoop Dogg’s staff obtain $422,000? It seems like that’s going to require multiple visits to several (if not many) local bank branches. Also, won’t they freeze your account if you try to make too many withdrawals? So there’s that. Just….so much paperwork.
2. Doesn’t Snoop Dogg realize that $422,000 in case is such a waste? Even in a regular savings account (which is also dumb), that many could be accruing interest at least. Hello! Snoop Dogg! Have you never heard about the magic of compounding?
3. Um…….Snoop Dogg. Friend. Homey. Even I am going to tell you that carrying that much money makes you look like you’re doing something shady. I’M SORRY.
4. Snoop Dogg. You’re in Italy. Why do you need $422,000 in American cash? There is nowhere for you to spend this.
Side note: Oh, it’s from European concerts? THEN WHY IS IT IN AMERICAN CURRENCY? I am hoping he didn’t exchange the Euros at the airport, because can you imagine the fees? Again, SUCH A WASTE.
5. Snoop Dogg had $422,000 in cash, but he doesn’t think to hire a private jet? This makes no sense to me.
6. Couldn’t you just use a credit card to get, like, whatever you want? Why does he need that much cash???
7. Isn’t that much cash SO HEAVY? Again, logistically speaking, this just seems like a pain.
8. I don’t know why I have so many objections to this concept. It seems heavy and wasteful, and therefore is absurd to me.